The failed bus attack attempts should have been the last straw for Israel, which until now has conducted only a low-intensity operation in Samaria.
Operation "Iron Wall," perhaps due to its name being associated with the prolonged war in Gaza and without achieving the desired results so far, uses surgical precision against terror cells that require the full weight of a wrecking ball. The tanks sent to the Jenin area this morning for show will not achieve deterrence, nor will Defense Minister Israel Katz's morning directive for the IDF to maintain a presence in refugee camps, which serve as terrorist incubators.
All materials needed for exporting attacks
Effective handling should deliver the knockout blow first rather than waiting for an attack to be carried out before exacting a heavy price. The motivation, capabilities, and internal ferment – all materials needed for exporting attacks to the Tel Aviv metropolitan area are already in the hands of terror organizations. Only another intelligence "miss" stands between the current situation and disaster.
Since a properly functioning state does not rely on miracles or solely on intelligence that has already failed in the past, offensive action is needed to prevent horrific scenes reminiscent of the 1990s.

Former National Security Council chief and current head of the Misgav Institute Meir Ben Shabbat said that "bus attacks should not come as a surprise. Anyone following Shin Bet announcements could have found a thick hint of this two weeks ago, in the exposure of a terror cell from Ramallah whose members prepared explosives and planned a suicide attack in Jerusalem.
"Behind all this is the support for Hamas since Oct. 7, which increased following the release of prisoners, the constant incitement from organization leaders abroad and their expectation that West Bank residents will join the 'resistance,' the military pressure limiting the effectiveness of other terror patterns, high revenge motivation over IDF operations both in Gaza and the West Bank and availability of weapons and explosives," Ben Shabbat said.
More experienced, clear-eyed, determined and prepared
According to him, there is no reason to wait, but rather to act immediately and forcefully – something that even three days after the bus explosions, the political echelon has not decided accordingly. "Alongside the difficult memory of attack scenes from the early 2000s, we must remember that this time Israel enters this confrontation more experienced, clear-eyed, determined, and prepared than in the past," the former National Security Council chief said.
"Israel's immediate goal is to prevent these attacks from becoming a trend, through a combination of measures. The tools should not be applied gradually, but rather start immediately with force, including house demolitions, deportation, asset seizure, and punishing accomplices who employ or transport illegal residents. Citizens have a key role both in maintaining vigilance and in armed rapid response."

So what are we waiting for? What are the cabinet, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and Defense Minister Israel Katz waiting for? Do only disasters dictate action plans? How has the security cabinet not yet convened regarding Judea and Samaria?
Certainly against the backdrop of the wholesale release of terrorists and murderers back to their breeding ground. The motivation, as mentioned, is already identified in Israel and warnings were issued about it on the eve of signing the ceasefire agreement and hostage release, but what's being done in practice? More cosmetic measures or photos of tanks won't help here.