Israeli officials on Thursday lambasted Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas after three terrorist attacks on Israeli troops in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria, accusing him of incitement to violence against Israel.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, on a security tour in Gush Etzion, stated, "This won't help you [Abbas]. Not the stabbings, not the ramming attacks, not the sniping attacks, and not the incitement … We will do everything necessary to guard our security, secure our borders, and guarantee our future. We will do this with you or without you."
Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter
Netanyahu was apparently responding to earlier comments by Abbas; office that said that any security escalation was due to US President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan, which was unveiled last week.
Abbas' said that the "deal of the century" has "created this atmosphere of escalation and tension by trying to impose fake facts on the ground, which we have repeatedly warned against."
His spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, said, "Any deal that does not meet the rights of our people and does not aim to make a just and comprehensive peace will inevitably lead to this escalation that we are witnessing today. The Palestinian people and their leadership will stand strong against all these conspiracies and they will foil them just as they did in all previous conspiracies, regardless of the sacrifices."

Also on Thursday, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan accused the Palestinian Authority of inciting terrorism against Israel, saying, "Terrorist organizations are riding on the back incitement on social media, whether it's because of the [peace] plan or some other excuse.
"We will take determined action to preserve our sovereignty and stop any attempt to prompt a wave of terrorism. From past experience, the most sensitive flashpoint is the Temple Mount. We will employ every measure at our disposal to prevent displays of incitement and copycat attacks," he told police officials.
Defense Minister Naftali Bennett held a security assessment at the IDF's headquarters in Tel Aviv on Thursday evening. A statement by the Defense Ministry said the IDF would be on high alert in Judea and Samaria and east Jerusalem going into the weekend and would respond to any attack from the Gaza Strip.
IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi met with soldiers stationed in the Bethlehem sector on Thursday evening for a security assessment.
"We have no intention of allowing terrorism to prevail," he said. "The directive is very clear to those on the ground, from the senior commanders to the most novice soldier – to thwart and prevent all terrorist activity, including incidents involving stones, firebombs, arson balloons – they are all terrorism."