Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded on Tuesday to statements by Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, who said that Lebanon would "respond swiftly" to an alleged Israeli drone strike in Beirut.
In a speech on Sunday, Nasrallah accused Israel of trying to carry out a suicide drone attack earlier that day.
Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter
"I say to the Israeli army on the border from tonight, stand guard [on high alert]. Wait for us one, two, three, four days," Nasrallah said.
The Hezbollah leader also said that allowing Israel to keep flying drones over Lebanon would lead to a similar situation as in Iraq, where a series of attacks there targeting military bases and weapons depots belonging to Iranian-backed Shiite militias have left the country on edge.
Speaking at a ceremony to lay the cornerstone for Mobileye's new research and development center in Jerusalem, Netanyahu said, "I heard Nasrallah's remarks. I suggest that Nasrallah relax. He knows very well that the state of Israel knows how to defend itself and how to pay back its enemies.
"I want to tell him and the Lebanese states, which is sheltering this organization that aspires to destroy us, and I also say this to [Iranian Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force] Qassem Soleimani: Be careful with your words and be even more careful with your actions," Netanyahu said.